Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A great lack.

Just thinking about how much I need to grow in love. I guess the closer I grow to Christ, the more I will love. I feel like sometimes I can be in a room full of people and God will show me things about a lot of them and my heart feels like its going to explode with love and I am overcome with joy and tears. Then...there's other times. These other times, its hard for me to love anyone even the easy ones to love... I think these other times are a reflection of the selfishness I battle everyday. Unless I sacrifice and lay down my own wants and unless I myself submit to his perfect love and allow him to fill me daily, I won't have love to give. I guess its nothing I can do with my own strength...I can only REALLY love people passionately and unconditionally by the power of Christ in me. Im so incompetent, so imperfect, so lacking...and he is so the opposite of all that. He is my strength in weakness, my only hope, and my reason for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment